Re: LisaEm 1.0.0 RC1 breaks floppy image support

From: <ahunter3_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 21:44:40 -0700

I would like to reiterate that the problem I'm having is not that the emulated Lisa machine fails to boot from any of the floppies once inserted, but rather that the MacOS X application LisaEm.app refuses to open the virtual floppy disk files.

I would think that the bootability of the disks should have no effect on that. A virtual floppy full of nothing but document files would not boot, but the emulator should load it nevertheless.

Please note also that an older version of the Lisa emulator, when asked to load the very same virtual floppies, does so without any discernable problems, and boots from them. The problem THERE, with the older emulator, is that I can't get it to properly create the 5 MB virtual hard disk (crashes every time). And when I use a newer copy of LisaEm to create the virtual HD and then switch to the older version which can boot from the floppies, the older version is incapable of successfully formatting it. So while I can boot from floppy, I can't do anything useful because the expectation is that you're going to use the floppy to format and then install to the (virtual) hard disk.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---