Re: Lisa low-level hard disk formatting disk (was -- Re: Rotated Lisa Screen)

From: Shirl <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:19:01 -0700

Hello Rudolf,

I looked at the disk image file which I said before looks like the LisaTest disk. I found the following message in the disk image which shows that this disk may also initialize the Lisa ProFile and Widget hard disks.

    Initializing the Profile/Widget with headers, wait!!!!

I checked LisaTest 3.0 and found it does not have the above message. I also saw that LisaTest 3.0 disks have volume name DIAG whereas your disk has volume name DEMT.

I also compared the catalogs from both disks and it seems that DEMT disk is the Lisa Monitor boot disk. The Monitor was the Lisa's first OS. I suspect you have a partial Monitor disk since it will not boot for you. If it did boot it seems you should be able to run various programs that are listed in the catalog. I suspect one of these programs allows you to format the Lisa ProFile or Widget hard disks with a low-level format due to the message above which talks about disk "headers".

>From: "Shirl" <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
>To: lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden
>Subject: Lisa low-level hard disk formatting disk (was -- Re: Rotated Lisa
Screen)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2015-07-15 16:44:37