Re: Lisa low-level hard disk formatting disk (was -- Re: Rotated Lisa Screen)

From: Shirl <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:02:47 -0700

Hello Rudolf,

I looked a bit more at the Lisa disk image you sent and found the following message at the bottom:

    DALLAS PEPSI BURN-IN (MONITOR 12.2W) Rev 11/15

This appears at the beginning of a text file which seems to contain Lisa diagnostic test configuration values.

This message is interesting since it refers to DALLAS and PEPSI. Apple had a large Lisa manufacturing plant in the Dallas suburb of CARROLLTON. Pepsi was the code name for the Lisa 2 computer. 11/15 seems to be the date, I suspect November 1984.

It seems to me this disk may be the Lisa factory diagnostic and not the normal LisaTest diagnostic which normal Lisa users used.

There should be documentation from Apple for this test disk. Not sure who would have this, but former factory people may.

>From: "Shirl" <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
>To: lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden
>Subject: Lisa low-level hard disk formatting disk (was -- Re: Rotated Lisa
Screen)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2015-07-15 16:44:37