Re: Hello! I'm back from the old LisaList

From: Diogenes45 <helmut_post_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thomas!
Good to hear from you!
I have the mono sound card- but it's not manufactured by Schneider- my card is made by Dafax/Canada (now Sigma Seven Systems). I have some drivers on a special driver disk - but the sound driver is already built in MacWorks II+ . The driver disk was only meant for older MacWorks versions. It would very interesting to see and to compare how they designed the cards. I don't think, that both cards are using an identical design.
I have big problems with the sound card as soon as the Lisa Xelerator (18MHz) is switched on... then the sound is somehow distorted and the Lisa crashes many times. My Sound DAC only works if the Lisa is running with her original CPU speed.

Have you tested the card with Macintosh games? I like the game "Creepy Castle" on the Lisa- the sound is working great under this game.
Creepy castle is very similar to Dark Castle, but came on the market in the mid 1990's.

Greetings from your neighbourhood--- Bavaria!

Helmut

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2015-07-15 16:46:54