Re: Widget Rotor Adjustment HElP ???

From: Terry Stewart <terry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:46:34 +1300

Good one. Nothing like a good dose of violence to scare these old machines into working (-:

Does the Widget work now, or do you get the dreaded "Error 82"?

Terry

  When I was trying to get my broken widget going I did twiddle with those adjustments. Changing them did change the sound the head seek motor made. Hopefully I didn't cause too much screwdriver drift. I put them back where I had marked them.

  I eventually got really frustrated, grabbed the seek motor's spindle, moved it violently... and the disk started working and has ever since! How's that for lucky? I had already unstuck and adjusted the brake, it was not the cause of the problem.

  -Jason