Re: Widget Rotor Adjustment HElP ???

From: terry stewart <terry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 07:28:26 +1300

Yes. I've got an X/Profile card to replace it so I think I'll just leave it be for now.

Terry

  It sounds like the self test on yours is starting normally, then failing, probably because it finds too many bad sectors. I would not try try to mechanically fix this.

  When I say I violently moved the head servo I grabbed its spindle and quickly moved the heads lock to lock several times, banging into the mechanical limit each time. Doing that is not going to fix bad sectors...

  -J

  You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group.   The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html   To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden   To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden   For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist