Re: Widget Rotor Adjustment HElP ???

From: terry stewart <terry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:51:14 +1300

Hi Jason,

Thanks for that.

Hmmm....that drive self test does take a long time.Mine is nowhere as long as that. I can hear the brake click off, but as soon as the I/O board test is done, it starts to seek...but only for a few seconds before issuing an 82.

It still could mean it needs a low level format I guess. Of it could be the same thing your fixed with your "gentle" pursuasion. Or it could be a fault on the board somewhere.

Can you tell me exactly what you did with the spindle? When you say "moved it violently" what exactly did you do?

Terry