Re: 5mhz lisa to 8mhz?

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:33:29 -0500

On 01/05/2012 05:35 PM, James MacPhail wrote:

> Does anyone know if data/code in memory is "moved" around by LOS using
> the MMU in some complicated way, or is the memory selectively
> paged/mapped to different logical regions just because there isn't
> enough of it?

It can be, since the MMU can map memory anywhere, but I don't recall seeing LOS do that. Since an XLerator would replace the CPU, would it be possible to capture attempts to access the MMU and redirect those to faster MMU memory, since it already does this for normal memory? You'd need to rebuild the Lisa's MMU to do this using a couple of adders, I guess.