Re: Fwd: Transporting a Profile Drive

From: Terry Stewart <terry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:27:50 +1300

Ok this is where it gets interesting. The seller has popped the hood and there is a Segate 412 (10MB) drive sitting inside. Someone has replaced the original Profile drive, yes?

I see from Patrick's IDEFIle site that people did replace these drives with a Segate 412. I might even have a spare one sitting at home?

Let's assume the drive in there is broken. Assuming it is and my drive at home is ok, how easy is it to instal a bog standard (spare) Segate 412. Is it just a case of low-level formatting it in a PC, then wiring it up to the Lisa and using some Lisa Office installation disks to format and install?

I suspect it's not that easy. Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers

Terry (Tez)