Re: lisa 2 startup problems

From: Alex <alexandru.flocka_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:25:07 -0800 (PST)

hello all,

I just had a thought and tried some things out. I discovered the COP is most probably OK.
I discovered following problems on the IO board:

if I disconnect the reset pin of the 6522 keyboard (via) controller I can "start" the LISA, anyway if I press the power button the light goes on and the system "starts" and keeps "running" as long I keep the power button pressed. It starts the same state as before with no beeps and no video. I measured the voltage on the reset pin of the 6522 and get 0 V, this means the 6522 is kept reset.
On the card edge connector I measure also 0V on the /RESET pin. this means the system is kept in reset state on the motherboard. on the motherboard I found out the reset switch was "dead" in both states there was no connection between C and NC or NO, I installed a jumper between C and NC in order to keep the system in a normal state, anyhow there is no voltage on none of the 3 terminals of the reset switch. From the schematic of the motherboard I could find I cannot find out what voltage I should get there, If anybody can, please measure the voltage on the 3 pins of the reset switch and on the rest pin of the edge connector of the IO board (pin 23).

thanks for your help!
alex