Re: lisa 2 startup problems

From: Alex <alexandru.flocka_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 08:27:45 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

   I arrived home yesterday and today I had some time for the Lisa. It seems I have found two more traces on the IO board that where not in perfect shape. After fixing them I can now start the Lisa 2/5. The +12V from the PSU was in fact OK, one trace that lead to the measuring point on the capacitor was interrupted.

The CPU Board is also broken but I could test now with the one from Lisa 2/10. Rom revision for the 2/10 is H and for the 2/5 is 3A. I tested with both ROM versions and I get error 57 while testing the IO board. It is weird since I get at booting the Rom version different, sometimes it is the same but sometimes different until now I got:

3A/48
3A/88
3A/60
3A/8F
3A/FF

and some other combinations on the IO Board ROM the type is 341-8003 (sun remarketing 800k floppy rom). With the H ROM's I get same results. The 6504 micro-controller is working right since I swapped them between the working IO Board from the Lisa 2/10 and I get exactly the same errors

If I try to boot from floppy ignoring this error I get error 39 (the floppy drive does nothing, no spinning, just nothing)

This fault could come from the Lisa Lite adapter but I have no spare to swap it. The floppy drive (800k) should be ok since I tried also a good working one with same results.

I cannot test the ROM (341-8003), should this ROM work with the IO Board from the 2/10?

Any Ideas about the source of the problem would be appreciated. Could you also point to some good schematics for the IO Board of the LISA 2/5? I found a schematics in .gif format but I think it is not perfect.

Thank you,
Alex