Re: lisa 2 startup problems

From: Alex <alexandru.flocka_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 22:06:00 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for the detailed description about how the service mode works. This could be very helpful as I am a novice when it comes to Lisa.

I still need your help because I could not boot the Lisa yet. Now, when I start the Lisa, I get no more errors from the hardware check but the "insert floppy" pictogram. I can only select "proceed" and "startup options" where I can only see the floppy drive because the profile is disconnected.

If I insert a floppy disk into the 800k drive, it just spins one rotation or less to lock the disk and stops. I i click on "proceed" the Lisa just bips and shows the same screen again without the "proceed" option. The floppy drive is just "dead", it does not eject the disk or anything. I already checked the connections between the LISA Lite board and the IO Board and it seems to be ok. Where can I find documentation about the floppy drive interface / what every signal means? I think the Lisa does not sense a disk has been inserted. For the moment I would rule out the drive itself since I have swapped it with a good working one and I get the same results.

Thank you all!
alex