RE: Lisa 2 Repair

From: Black Ice -Paul <black_ice_2000_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 00:29:08 -0800

Patrick,
I'd be interested in buying an adapter if you decide to pursue this further as well! An adapter to ADB, PS/2, or USB would be great.

-Paul

Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:38:49 +0100
From: raul.murillo_at_email.domain.hidden To: lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden
Subject: Re: Lisa 2 Repair

    Dear Patrick,

      Just one thing... Regarding your Lisa keyboard tester... You said
      that nobody would be interested in using a keyboard adapter for a
      Lisa. I'm disagree with you...

      Using you IDEfile I installed the Apple Pascal and I attempted to
      program a small game for the Lisa (just for using it), but the
      original keyboard, even after replacing the pads is really
      uncomfortable. I would appreciate a keyboard adapter to use for
      example a PS/2 keyboard.

      I was looking the schemes of your tester, but some code is behind
      managing its CPU... This code is not public...

      Are you interested in going further to develope this adapter? Can
      I have your full schematics to use it as a foundation to link your
      design with a PS/2 translator?

      With best regards,

      Raśl

      El 19/12/2013 23:56, PSchaefer escribido:

            1. When I turn on the machine, the light under the
              screen turns on and the screen is dark for a while, and
              after a while a grey screen with a pattern of diagonal
              lines shows up on the screen;

          Replace capacitor C8 on the CPU board (2,2µF next to the
          68000). It gets leaky, then the 555 is not able to finish its
          /Reset pulse.

            2. I don't have a keyboard for this Lisa, but I've read
              that it used a TRS style connector. Is there, to anyone's
              knowledge, a converter for keyboard signals, either from:

          This has to be invented first. A direct connection is not
          possible, you will need a protocol converter that would accept
          USB, PS/2 or ADB and generate Lisa Kbd signals.

            3. This computer didn't come with a floppy drive
              inside. Can I install a 400k drive from a Mac 128k or a
              128k external drive?

            Yes, it is the same drive.

            I also noticed that there are 2 floppy drive ribbon
              cables inside the floppy drive cavity - is this normal?

        Yes, that's normal. A Lisa 1 has two 26pin cables for its two
        Twiggy drives. A 2/5 uses one of them to connect a Sony 400k
        drive (via a PWM generator board for the variable motor speed).
        A 2/10 also has two cables, but there one is for the floppy
        (20pin), the other is for the hard disk (26pin).

        Regards

        Patrick

      group.

      To leave this group, send email to
      lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden

      Groups "LisaList" group.

      send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist