Re: New Lisa Stuff

From: Tom Frikker <tom.frikker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 09:01:30 -0800 (PST)

> More updates: I was swapping cards with my 2/5 and after I swapped the I/O
> board, the Lisa turned on with one click and went to the diagnostic check.
> After this, it beeped three times and asked for a disk. Perfect! So now I
> know that my 2/10 has a broken CPU board AND I/O board. I swapped some
> chips on the broken I/O board, and at one point, it gave me error 50
> (Keyboard VIA Error). Apparently when the keyboard chip is not inserted,
> the clicking problem I had earlier goes away and it displays error 50. I'd
> assume that whatever is making the Lisa "click" comes later in the startup
> sequence than the step that checks if the keyboard chip is installed. I've
> tested the keyboard chip in the other I/O board (the 2/5), and it works.
> Should I be looking for a bad trace, or what?

Also, last night I greased the 400k drive; however, I can't really use it yet, seeing as I have a 2/5 I/O card in a 2/10.

Finally, I just tested my other Lisa's (the broken/corroded 2/5) motherboard, which I have cleaned thoroughly, in the working 2/10. The computer does not respond to the power button being pushed; is there any specific problem that this motherboard could have, or is the whole thing just too far gone to be repaired?