Re: Partial Lisa Office System 1.0 disk images

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 14:56:31 -0500

That's absolutely fantastic, Al! I kept hitting reload in the browser---I couldn't wait to see the images. Finally I found them on the Kent mirror.

I notice that a LisaCalc image is missing. Please feel free to try deserializing my own!

Hopefully even more Twiggy images will continue to come out of the woodwork.

Speaking of that, could we infer from the t0XX_ prefix of your images, and the presence of only the t001, t004, t008, t021, t025, t044, t045, and t058, that you might have at least fifty other Twiggy images as well? ;-)

On the white stickers placed on the disks, what is the 32-bit hex number? A checksum of some kind?

I can't wait to explore these images in detail. Looks like I might need to make some more Twiggys. Thanks for sharing these!

It looks like my earlier reply to Patrick didn't get posted:

I don't own a scanner, so I'll have to see what I can do. In the meantime, I don't think these holes have to be cut with a great deal of precision. For the second head access window, you can get away with taking another diskette cover, rotating it 180 degrees, and using that as a template. For the other little hole and notches, I'm pretty sure you could just get away with scaling up a lower-resolution image and using a printout. Heaven knows I didn't manage to get 300 DPI accuracy when I was cutting up my diskette covers with an X-acto knife!

--Tom