Re: Successful keyboard jack repair

From: Clinton Yelvington <cyelvington_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:55:56 -0600

Hi again list,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I followed James MacPhail's instructions to fix the nut on my 2/10's keyboard jack, and she's running like new! The keyboard could maybe use some work since the keys aren't entirely responsive, but that could be my fault since I took a stab at replacing the foam on all the keys and some of them still have to be pressed rather hard. Of note: My 2/10 is a stock 2/10 with a still functioning Widget, running LOS 2.0. I pull her out and boot her every so often to keep her going, and she still functions great! I bet she's worth a fair amount, too, given the working Widget...

--Clinton

Sent from mobile device