foam pads. was: Successful keyboard jack repair

From: Simon Claessen <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 09:08:48 +0100

Hello Clinton,

I suspect that the thickness of the foam is not right and the foil is not touching the pcb. I've measured a still functional pad and it is 3.8mm heigh, 11mm wide. at the moment I am developing a production methode to fix our more that 10 keytronic keyboards (lisa, vt100, gigi, etc.) and yesterday I combined a Ikea mousepad, doublesided foam tape and the bag from potato-chips. I still have to check if the foil is right for the job, but the height is critical.

simon
conservator computermuseum at hack42.nl

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/lisalist/topics
>> > Google Groups
>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
>>
>> Topic digest
>> View all topics <
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/lisalist/topics
>> >

>> * Floppy disk emulator for Lisa <#group_thread_0> - 2 Updates
>>
>> Floppy disk emulator for Lisa
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist/t/3fea1639d02cb0c5?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
>>
>> Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden <mailto:stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>>: Mar
>> 05 03:02PM -0800
>>
>> What excellent work!
>>
>> I'm not sure I could bear to part with my Lisa 1 for your
>> experimentation,
>> but if there's any way I can help remotely, please let me know. I have an
>> IDEfile ProFile emulator, which means that you could send me code to
>> run in
>> the form of a ProFile hard disk image. I don't know exactly what bootable
>> code on a ProFile looks like, but someone must, given that it's
>> possible to
>> install BLU on one.
>>
>> (I don't think the Lisa has a killer poke---let's hope not!)
>>
>> It's also not hard for me to send you logs of BLU's serial port
>> diagnostics. My M key works, too :-)
>>
>> --Tom
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 10:02:42 PM UTC-5, Steve Chamberlin wrote:
>> Steve Chamberlin <steve.chamberlin_at_email.domain.hidden
>> <mailto:steve.chamberlin_at_email.domain.hidden>>: Mar 05 06:34PM -0800
>>
>> OK, the new Lisa floppy firmware is ready to go. There may still be one
>> more release to fix a checksum issue, but this one is usable for both Mac
>> and Lisa
>> disks.
>> http://www.bigmessowires.com/2015/03/05/lisa-native-floppy-emulation/
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> Back to top <#digest_top>
>> You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this
>> group. You can change your settings on the group membership page <
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/lisalist/join
>> >.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send
>> an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden
>> <mailto:lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden>.

> ---
> Groups "LisaList" group.
> an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden
> <mailto:lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden>.

Met vriendelijke Groet,

Simon Claessen
drukknop.nl