Re: Lisa 2 repair

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 12:43:31 -0700

Since it recently worked ok:

  1. Check the I/O board to see if there are four AA NiCd batteries on it. If so, remove the batteries. If there is any corrosion from battery leakage, repair it. (Do not replace the batteries, they are not required for normal operation, and only cause corrosion problems.)
  2. Clean all the card edge connectors.

If you want to replace the 1.2A PSU with the 1.8A version, you will need to buy one. Look on eBay etc.

Once the computer is operating again, adjust the video controls to see if that is all that is required to fix the video.

Good luck!