Re: 4k Z8 microcontrollers for 10 meg profile formatting

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:22:24 +0100

just for the record, I didn't sell anybody a Z8 :-)

I sent one to Jason for free, with the idea that the Lisa community ought to have a few of these things floating around, shared among us as needed.

I still have several more Z8s and will ship to others who require them, but in general I hope we might try to share unusual parts that we use for diagnostics and service from time to time. I guess they aren't making any more of them. You can see a similar thing in that excellent YouTube video series where curiousmarc et al. repair a Xerox Alto <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-_93BVApb58I3ZV67LW3S_JEMFnDrQDj>---they borrow components from the Living Computer Museum in Seattle to help guide their repair.

Call me silly or crazy but I think we can do it...

(and well, okay, maybe they still make Z8s <https://www.digikey.co.uk/products/en/integrated-circuits-ics/embedded-microcontrollers/685?k=z8+microcontroller&k=&pkeyword=z8+microcontroller&pv1989=0&FV=fffc010d%2Cffe002ad%2C7e80041&quantity=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&pageSize=25> :-)

--Tom