Lisa computer retrospective - Part 6 of 7

From: David Craig <dcraig_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:27:00 -0700

> THE APPLE LISA COMPUTER: A RETROSPECTIVE
>
> PART 6 OF 7
>
> REFERENCES: GENERAL
>
> Many reference materials for the Lisa exist but, unfortunately,
> most have become difficult to obtain. Fortunately, the author of
> this paper appears to have almost everything ever written about
> the Lisa, both in the general press and by Apple Computer. All
> my Lisa materials are available to others if they pay for the
> copying and shipping.
>
> This discussion of Lisa references mainly covers reference works
> pertaining to the original Lisa, not to the "Macintosh version"
> Macintosh XL. The original Lisa ran its own operating system
> (called the Lisa OS) while the Macintosh XL ran the Macintosh
> OS.
>
> For general Lisa information I recommend the following books and
> articles:
>
> * The Complete Book of Lisa (Kurt Schmucker, 1984)
> * The Lisa Computer System (BYTE magazine, Feb. 1983)
> * The Lisa 2: Apple's Ablest Computer (BYTE magazine, 1984)
> * A First Look at Lisa (Personal Computing magazine, Mar. 1983)
> * Apple's Lisa (The Seybold Report on Professional Computing,
> Jan. 1983)
> * Lisa Makes the Scene (Apple Orchard magazine, Mar. 1983)
> * Background Information: How Lisa Works (Apple Computer, 1983)
> * Introducing Lisa: Apple's Personal Computer for the Office
> (Apple Computer, 1983)
> * Apple Introduces Lisa: A Revolutionary Personal Computer for
> the Office (Apple, 1983)
> * The Apple Lisa (Officemation Product Reports, Apr. 1983)
> * Lisa/Mac XL Handbook (Michael Posner, Lisa Lives User Group,
> 1992)
> * How Apple presents Lisa (Softalk magazine, Sep. 1983)
> * Personal Computer Series: Apple Lisa 2 (Electronic Design,
> Jul. 1984)
> * Lisa Owner's Manual (Apple Computer, 1984)
>
> Three books were written for the Lisa, but only Schmucker's book
> may be considered worth reading. Michael Posner's 123 page
> handbook is worthwhile for a decent overview of the Lisa's
> history and operational information. This handbook is also
> noteworthy for its recent publication date, which demonstrates
> the longevity of the Lisa. To join Posner's _Lisa Lives_ user
> group write to him at 5170 Woodruff Lane, Palm Beach Gardens,
> Florida 33418.
>
> REFERENCES: NEWSLETTERS AND PRODUCT SHEETS
>
> Several Lisa-specific magazines were also around for a while.
>
> * Semaphore Signal
> * ICON
> * The LisaTalk Report
>
> Semaphore Signal was a very detailed Lisa newsletter which
> produced around 30 issues. ICON was also good. The LisaTalk
> Report was the newsletter of the Lisa NetWorkers, a group which
> tried to breathe some life into the Lisa after Apple
> discontinued it.
>
> Many other general Lisa references exist, ranging from general
> [...]

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>

Shop buy.com and save. <http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/ stat?id=O7sajHhUCjc&offerid=13541.10000001&type=1&subid=0>

    / Buy books, CDs, videos, and more from Amazon.com \    / <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/lowendmac> \ - - - - - - - - - -
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to LisaList.

List archive:           <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/>