Broken Lisa 2/10

From: Adrian Graham <agraham_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:33:28 +0100

> From: "Jan Stout" <janstout_at_email.domain.hidden>
> Subject: Request: Tips to revive a Lisa 2/10
> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:36:56 +0200
>
> Hi all,
>
> I stumbled over a Lisa on a local flea market and I'd like to
> get her going
> again. Currently she doesn't pass the bootrom test:
> no beeps, and only a zig-zag pattern on the display. I
> already downloaded
> some stuff from the mothership (a/o Sun Remarketing
> Do-it-yourself manual), but these don't go any further than
> advicing to change one of the system boards. Maybe someone on this
> list has a more detailed repair manual that gives some info
> on debugging the system boards?

Hi Jan,

TBH I wouldn't have fired her up until I'd removed and cleaned all the boards and resocketed all the chips and checked the PSU for blown fuses. If all you get is a raster pattern on the screen I'd go with James and say the CPU wasn't working. If the power button lights up you're at least getting power to the I/O board, so try the reseating first. You can probably use a CPU from a 68K Compact Mac too.....but don't quote me on that :)

HTH

--
Adrian Graham MCSE/ASE/MCP
C CAT Limited