Re: ProFile - low level format ROM?

From: <Mariana392_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:11:25 EDT

Hi,
 My experiences with the 5 meg profile have been interesting. Apple used the Winchester st506 5 meg hardrive in their profiles, But for some reason Apple reads and writes the tracks on the harddrive 180 degrees backwards compared to the ibm standards.

   SunData of Logan Utah had the low level formatting program for the profiles but last I heard they were charging too much.

   Why Apple did their formatting backwards is anybodies guess.

                                    Good Luck