Prolems with mac.com mail server

From: Dan Knight <listmom_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:53:39 -0500

I've been doing damage control on this since last weekend. See
<http://www.macfixit.com/archives/november.01.b.shtml#11-20-01> for
details, but Apple notes:

"Delivery of mail through the Mac.com domain may currently be subjected to delays. This will affect messages being sent to Mac.com addresses as well as messages forwarded to other addresses through Mac.com. Mail sent to the Mac.com domain should not be lost, but the sending server will determine when the message will be re-queued. If a message is sent to a mac.com address and it does not go through immediately, the sending server should send an alert to the originator of the message notifying them that their mail did not go through on the first attempt but that the server would re-queue the message for later delivery. This, however, depends on the configuration of the individual server, so not all sending servers will behave alike. This may result in delays, but no mail will be lost. We are actively working towards a resolution and appreciate everyone's patience until it is resolved."

Mac.com appears to be refusing to accept incoming mail from outside servers. This is a real problem, since I am one of hundreds of subscribes using a mac.com email address. (Well, I was. I'm now using my listmom address.)

Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.

  publisher, Low End Mac                <http://lowendmac.com/>
  publisher, Low End PC                  <http://lowendpc.com/>
  publisher, Digital-Views.com      <http://digital-views.com/>
  publisher, Digigraphica            <http://digigraphica.com/>

Having clueless idiots asking questions isn't a problem.   The problem is when clueless idiots answer questions. ;-)