Dead lisa 2

From: Scharpf Thomas <thomas_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 11:39:45 +0200

Hi everybody out there,

especially James, or everyone who can help me with this strange symptom on a Lisa 2 (not 2/10 or XL)
When I try to start the Lisa, nothing happens, not even a click from the speaker or a short glowing lamp in the start button. I changed the original I/O Board 620-0117 (with the battery pack) and connected a Lisa 2/10 I/O-Board and it works. I thought of a dead I/O Board, of course!
But the strange thin is the fact, that a second I/O-Board 620-0117 I took
from another Lisa 2 shows the same error!!! Nothing happens at all. Unfortunately I can't test the boards in the other Lisa 2, I only have some XL and 2/10 but only this one non-working Lisa 2...

The second part: I have a partially defect I/O Board from a 2/10. The floppy doesn't turn, but everything else works, even the write/read head of the floppy moves during the boot proceedure. Does anyone know what IC or transistor does support the floppy-drive spinning-motor?

Pleas excuse my not really perfect english, I can speak better german or french than english

Thomas, from the meanwhile sunny bavaria in center europe