Re: My sick 2/10

From: Shirl <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:08:00 -0700

Jason,

>From: "Jason Perkins" <quanda_computing_at_email.domain.hidden>
>Subject: My sick 2/10
>Date: Wed, Nov 24, 2004, 4:21 PM
>
> I have a sick 2/10. When I push the power button, there is a 'whump' from
> the speaker, the diskette drive motor spins a little, and that's is. No
> lights, CRT activity, nothing.

I have never heard of this 'whump' speaker noise. If the Lisa encounters a problem early in its startup diagnostics it does make speaker noises but these are distintive short and long note combinations.

The 'whump' may indicate a much lower-level problem that occurs before the startup diagonistics begin. Your idea about the power supply unit (psu) being the problem sounds like a reasonable place to start.