Re: Vertical Hold problem

From: Steve Hatle <shatle_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:42:28 -0500

On 8/30/05 8:26 AM, "Nord, Al" <Norda_at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:

> Mike,
> I owned a Lisa 2/10 a few years ago with the same problem. What I
> found was a bad solder connection on the adjusting pots mounted on the
> board that the flyback transformer is on. I resoldered any connection I
> could find and on the adjusting pots that fixed the verticle hold
> problem.
> Al

One of my Lisas exhibits the same vertical hold problem. It also seems related to the pot that controls vertical hold on the little board that sticks up above the CRT (with the top cover off). If it's scrolling, I can usually adjust the pot slightly and make it stop- however, it also seems to go away as the machine warms up, so I don't know if this indicates that the pot itself is the problem (oxidation, bad solder joint) or if I have some other component like a capacitor going.

Steve