Re: Taking apart Lisa - cleaning

From: Chris Riedl <zap_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 03:37:30 -0500

    Well, that was certainly an interesting escapade. Apparently a power supply cap blew up sometime in the past, and there was crusted electrolyte all over the one side. Some cleaning of the chassis and case later, I have got the Lisa booting up. However, it just appears as if the Widget is not present to the system, as it only shows the floppy for startup. The Widget spins up and sounds normal, but I guess it isn't being seen by the hardware. Any suggestions or things to try to pinpoint this further?

    Mounting the IDEFile inside an old ProFile case isn't a bad idea. I might just do that. Additionally, are there supposed to be pads on the little feet on the bottom of the Lisa? It isn't completely stable on a flat surface, and I believe I put the case back together properly, so maybe they were missing from the beginning.

Thanks,
Chris