Re: The PC Junk Challenge

From: Chris M <chrism3667_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:47:25 -0800 (PST)

o wow what a challenge! He tries to give away the stuff on Lisa list. Post that on a local freecycle board and see how long it lasts. Someone is bound to snatch it up regardless. Or try the classiccmp.org mailing lists. Me, I dont own any early IBM PCs, an AT though. My collection consists mainly of PC-incompatibles, so therefore your junk pile isnt all that special to me.
--- lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden
<lenny15_at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:
> I hereby issue a PC Junk Challenge. Since this
hardware is so unbelievably
> valuable...I make the following offer. I have in my
current PC Dumpster
> stack 2 IBM XTs, 1 IBM XT Case, 2 Original IBM
PCs..one with an internal 3.5
> disk drive, and 1 PC AT. Also 2 IBM Mono Monitors
and 3 IBM Original
> Keyboards. I offer all of this stuff for free to
anyone willing to do the
> following..#1. Come and pick it up. You must take
all of it. No pick and
> choose. Or #2. You arrange for the freight, prepay
the freight cost and
> arrange for pickup. I will strap it all onto a
pallet for you. The pallet is
> free ;-) All the units appear undamaged but I will
not take any time to
> apply power or do any evaluation. But hey!!!! This
stuff has such intrinsic
> value...this is the offer of a lifetime!
> Any takers????? Oh yes, if you have posted a
personal attack against me and
> want this stuff, you need to post an apology to this
group...then you can
> have ALL of this magnificant hardware. Heck, I will
throw in the rare and
> also valuable IBM PC Manual! Still in the original
binder! WOW!
> So, who wants it??? If no one steps up...it is
dumpster bound.

and...

<http://lowendmac.com/ad/buy.com.html>

<http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html>

<http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html>
> --> AOL users, remove "mailto:"
> Send list messages to:
<mailto:lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden>
> To unsubscribe, email:

<mailto:lisalist-off_at_email.domain.hidden>
> For digest mode, email:
<mailto:lisalist-digest_at_email.domain.hidden>
> Subscription questions:

<mailto:low_end_mac_at_email.domain.hidden>

<http://www.mail-archive.com/lisalist%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

> iPod Accessories for Less
> at 1-800-iPOD.COM
> Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal