Re: Need help to identify my New Lisa

From: Jason Perkins <perkins.jason_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:30:26 -0400

Jerome,

I'm no Widget expert, but that's what mine did when it was broken. I assume the drive couldn't find track 0. Because your drive is so loud you probably can't hear it, but does the drive make a gentle chirping sound about once a second? Have you made sure the brake isn't stuck on? There is the big motor that spins the disk and a smaller one that moves the heads. Out the side of this motor there is a rubber pad, which a solenoid clicks into. If that gets stuck, the drive doesn't work.

Hold the solenoid open (or remove it, it's just a phillips screw), and then CAREFULLY see if the head motor can move on its own. Move it back and forth a few times, then try the drive again. If that doesn't work, try what I did: With the drive on, when that top LED is still blinking, grab the head motor and move it around. That got mine working. But who knows, it may break yours so be very careful!!!

-Jason

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist