Re: Need help to identify my New Lisa

From: Jason Perkins <perkins.jason_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:11:34 -0400

You can power the drive up without the brake attached. It's just there to prevent head damage durring transport. You don't really need a feeler gauge, just adjust it so that when it closes (IE, power applied, brake is off) the pad isn't touching the head motor anymore.

If the brake isn't touching now that's kind of strange. Also, i wouldn't move the head lever with a screwdriver, just by the rod coming out of the bottom of the motor. I would think that's more gentle to the heads.

I took some pictures of my Widget. This one has the brake adjusted properly I believe:

http://compu85.homeip.net/stuff/lisa/Drive%20Cage/Break.JPG

there are other pictures in that folder ( http://compu85.homeip.net/stuff/lisa/Drive%20Cage/ ) perhaps they could be useful to you.

-Jason

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist