Re: Re-Introducing the First, and Fully Functional, Lisa Emulator

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:14:24 -0500

Kallikak wrote:
> I hope you can solve the disk insertion on XP crash - it's just too
> slow to use on my mac (350MHz G3 manages only an emulated speed of
> around 1MHz)...

I've no idea what that is as I don't have XP. It seems to work on w2k. I did see that before with OS X, seems a bug in wxFileSelector.

Please let me know if you still experience that bug, I guess I can try a few things and see if it will work, but I don't have access to any machine with XP as I'm mostly a unix guy.

Also, note that the display speed is useless. It's an aggregation of the CPU cycles since startup vs the milliseconds passed since startup, so even if it says 5Mhz exactly, it doesn't mean much for a particular period in time - say the last 2 seconds.

I'm overhauling the source code with help from Brian, and then the timing mechanism next, but it'll be a while. The next big preview version will probably move the skins out of the binary and into individual png's and the same will go for sounds, this should speed up the big wait on startup. That hasn't been done yet, maybe a week or two.

Hopefully I'll be able to do a release a week or so, that's not a promise, just a hope, but I'm willing to recompile the win32 version a few times privately for testing.

All that said, "Come and Get it" - I just put up a new version that fixes a lot of bugs. I'm sure I've introduced a few more than I've taken out, but isn't that how it works in this business? :-)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2007-01-28 20:16:46