Re: Apple Lisa UK power supply

From: stevejenner100 <stevejenner100_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:38:16 -0700

Hey James

Thanks for the quick response, that info is really useful. There are currently 4 refurbished 1.2 amp psu's available on ebay item no. 140065349601 but they are going for $189.99 each plus shipping to the Uk which seems a lot to me so I will try and get my unit repaired locally. I'm ok ish with a soldering iron but dont fancy doing a repair like this myself.

Can you still get the DataCentre units now? Looked on the web and cannot find anyone that sells these?

I had a look inside and the PSU unit does say 620 on the board but there are no other numbers after it!?!
It looks to be in reasonable shape except one largish blown capacitor. Ive taken some photos for all to look at.

Whilst looking at the power supply I decided to strip out the cards and discovered my Lisa has suffered from the dreaded NiCad battery leak on the I/O board - aargh!
Have removed the offending batteries, and carefully removed most of the green corrosion with an old toothbrush and although the batteries haven't leaked excessively there is some damage to the board which will need to be addressed before I get the machine powered up. Is it possible to bypass the corroded areas with some fresh solder, or would it be better to run some small wires to each of the circuits on the problem areas. Any suggestions will be much appreciated as I would imagine finding a replacement I/O board for one of these is like trying to find hens teeth.

While we are on the subject of the I/O board, excuse my ignorance here but what does the on off switch do just below where the batteries once were?

Again I have attached some photos of the offending area for all to look at.

Many thanks

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/07AmpUkLisapowersupply1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/07AmpUkLisapowersupply2.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/07AmpUkLisapowersupply3.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/closeupofblowncapacitor.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/Lisaboardcorrosion2.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/Lisaboardcorrosion.jpg

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2007-10-11 07:11:48