Re: Apple Lisa UK power supply

From: stevejenner100 <stevejenner100_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:08:38 -0700

Hey James

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and thanks for the really useful info. I have noticed that there are some refurbished power supplies 1.2 and 1.8 versions for sale on ebay at $189.99 and $249.99 respectively. Item no. 140065350670. Once shipping is added to the Uk it seems quite a lot to me, so will take your advice and find someone local to do the repair. I am ok ish with a soldering iron but with something like a psu I will leave that to someone better qualified than me to do it. The rest of the power supply looks ok to me, so is probably worth getting it repaired instead.

You mention a Datapower replacement. I have looked on the internet for one of these but had no luck. Are they still available?

I have taken a few pictures of the power supply for all to see. The power supply part number is 620 (you can see this in the pictures) but there are no other numbers after it?!?

Whilst taking the machine apart to take these pictures I decided to strip out and clean the machine and to my horror, my Lisa has been subject to the dreaded leaking NiCad batteries on the I/O board. I have removed the batteries and have cleaned up the corrosion as best as possible. The leakage was not as bad as it could be, but the corrosion around where the batteries sat is quite bad. Obviously this would need to be addressed before getting power through the Lisa and causing more problems else where. Is it possible to re-solder the channels where it is damaged or would it be best to run small wires directly to the points on the board to and from the affected circuits? Do not want to mess this up as I should think replacement I/O boards for these are as rare as hens teeth. Any advice would be very grateful.
I have included pictures of the corrosion for all to look at.

Also excuse my ignorance, but what does the on off switch on the I/O board do that is situated underneath where the batteries once were.

Many thanks

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/07AmpUkLisapowersupply1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/07AmpUkLisapowersupply2.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/07AmpUkLisapowersupply3.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/closeupofblowncapacitor.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/Lisaboardcorrosion2.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/stevejenner100/Lisaboardcorrosion.jpg

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2007-10-11 07:11:49