Lisa not powering up

From: tommoni <tommoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:40:11 +0100

hi tom,

several attempts should be made:

  1. power button not working? solder two wires to the power button and shortcut them "external" to power up
  2. psu not working? you own 3 Lisas, don't you? so you perhaps could switch the power suppy for testing
  3. (I/O- or) CPU- or Mem-Card needs to much current? Or another part (e.g. internal hard-disk, if your Lisa has one) see 2 / and plug off the hard-disk
  4. not reliable contact (or several contacts) between the motherboard and the boards? often the array-plugs are corroded or simply a little bended, you should test with a low-ohm-meter with inserted boards by the way: the motherboard is the horizontal board, which contains the plugs for mouse etc. and the reset-button and the ports. is this the board you mean, when you wrote "badly corroded motherboard "? only to be shure, that we talk about the same.
  5. not reliable contact (or several contacts) between the motherboard and the internal plugs? see 4
  6. not reliable contact (or several contacts) between the psu and the internal plugs? see 4 here a picture of one of those internal plugs (don't know the right expression for that) www.scharpf-web.de/w/ProtoStecker.JPG

keep me informed

greetings TOM from Bavaria, the center of Europe, the country of the Alps, the marvellous castles of Koenig Ludwig and last but not least: The original Octoberfest