Re: Lisa 1 on Ebay

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:26:39 -0500

chandra bajpai wrote:
> I bet you you have Lisa Xenix (a Unix clone). I've never seen a
> complete set of installation disks for it.
> I'd love to run it on the emulator if anyone has a copy (or a copy of
> the Lisa development system).

Lisa Pascal Workshop does work on LisaEm. Xenix, does not (yet).
> Anybody have a spare Profile-to-Lisa cable? or tell me how to make one?

It's just a straight through DB25M to DB25M. They're not so common anymore, but you might still be able to get one.

Most are shielded round cables and not ribbon cabled (which is probably better since you don't want to be broadcasting your data :-) or suffer from external RFI) - but make sure all 25 wires are there, the ones made for serial ports will usually not work as they've only got something like 8 or 9 wires. Received on 2010-01-19 12:26:40