Re: COPS 421 info

From: Chuck Simmons <numa_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:45:29 -0400

James,

Should you find the time, a scan would be most appreciated! At this point, I am grateful for anything I can get my grubby little hand on. Like I say, since this is a frequent problem with Lisas (and I believe mine is not exempt from it), I would like to find a reasonably-priced solution for emulating the COPS chip without stepping on any legal toes (like Apple). I would like to be able to dump the firmware from mine and examine the code so that an emulator could be crafted. Maybe so, once I find the protocols of the chip.

Thanks,

Chuck
chuck_at_email.domain.hidden

> Hi Chuck,
>
> I have a marginal quality hardcopy of the datasheet printed from
> microfiche; given some time, I could scan it if you don't find something
> better.
>
> I too would like a copy of the COPS firmware/source code, although I doubt
> it is around.
>
> Good luck!
>
> James
>
> >Just wondering if anyone on the list has any information about the COPS
421
> >microcontroller on the I/O board. I have an I/O board that gives me boot
> >error 52 and I have been unable to find any information on the Internet
> >about it. Datasheets, timing diagrams, a copy of the firmware (if there
is
> >any), or any other tidbits would be most appreciated. I suspect that C36
> >may be bad instead of the COPS, but I haven't tested the capacitor yet.
If