Re: Lisa2 Web Server

From: Scharpf Thomas <thomas_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:04:57 +0200

Hello !

I'm not very old, but in 20 years or so from now on, depends on my son's "activity", I will tell my grandchildren the story from a true apple freak, who used to bring a Lisa online after "she" worked 18 years without any greater problems. The guy did that at a time, when Computers used to run at some Gigahertz with the perhaps not very helpful System called Swindows or something like that, I don't remember... Well, he seemed to be the Top of the people, who worked with the Apple-Computers, his name: Rick Ragnini. He gave his Lisa a new challenge: It was the first GUI-System, which was developed in the middle 80ies of the 20th century, and runs normally at some few Megahertz, but this guy made everyone's Lisa-owners dream come true: A Lisa server for the web!
Perhaps I will tell my grandchildren then, that we will try out the link at once, cause today I'm shure that the Lisa will still work in 20 years and if you tell us all here the link in some weeks in the LisaList, it will not only be me, who will bookmark that one on top of the favourites...

Till then: Thomas