Low End Mac now available ad-free

From: Dan Knight <listmom_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:52:21 -0500

It's taken a long, long time, but we've finally got our subscription system up and running. It's appropriate that it happen today -- it's exactly one year since I quit my IS job to run Low End Mac full time.

Instead of segregating generally available content from subscriber-only content, we're keeping all our usual content available to everyone. What subscribers gain is the knowledge that they're supporting a favorite Mac-related site and the ability to view the site without all the ads.

We spent hours yesterday preparing for this -- even pulling the Link Exchange banners we've used to promote the site so everything will load a bit faster.

Our usual subscription rate is $24.95 for a year of ad-free visits to LEM, but for the first 90 days we're offering a charter subscriber rate of $19.95.

We thank all of your for your support, financial and otherwise, in the past and hope a lot of you will see this as a way to support Low End Mac and receive the benefit of faster-loading, ad-free content when visiting our site.

Dan Knight, publisher, Low End Mac

Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.

 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

<http://lowendpc.com>
<http://digital-views.com> <http://digigraphica.com>

<http://reformed.net>

Life is too short to use anything but a Mac. -- Roger Ebert