Re: Clock battery and floppy lubrication

From: Dr. Helmut Post <helmut_post_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 07:20:59 +0200

Hi,
I think you have a problem with your COPS412 chip: The COPS421 handles the RTC (Real Time Clock) which has a span of 15 years. Consequently this was set for 1980 to 1995, which means that it'll be
really interesting to set dates such as 1998. Talk about Y2K premonition! I
wonder what Apple was thinking...
But it's really interesting, that the clock is working until the year 2005 with OS 7.1.1, and even until 2040 if you are running Mac OS 7.5.5 with MacWorks II+
( still available through John Woodall on Ebay (vintagemicros.com)). I had the same problem as you do. As I exchanged my COPS 421, the problem was gone.

Helmut Post