An update - was: PFG Lisa

From: Philip Lord <philip_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:34:47 +0900

Thanks for the PDF's...

Just to clarify, I have a Lisa with 800k drive and roms with a spare (dead?) widget replaced by a Sun Rem Parallel internal drive. Having recently purchased this from Jerry, he confirms that this was a working setup 3 years ago.

Up until recently it was dead. I replaced the 1.2amp power with a 1.8 and all seems good except I get errors when the Sun Rem drive is attached...it boots from floppy no problem to Apple Macworks.

I have been unable to connect the Widget for testing because the power connector inside the lisa is not pin compatible...have a look here:

http://homepage.mac.com/lord_philip/PhotoAlbum11.html

I also have a SCSI card and an unformatted HD that I would like to install. I was hoping to use copy(s) of MacWorks II + to try to achieve this. However I can not get the lisa to see these disks. The will be spit out with error 23 (Disk Unreadable), I have tried it with 2 original disk and 2 copies that I made from the internet...strange that nothing works.

I installed a PFG card that I got from the same guy who sold me the PSU. I thought that this may solve the no launch MW II+ problem, but nothing changed. Still gets spit out.

So my 2 immediate questions are:
Does anyone know how to go about reformatting and installing a SCSI drive...by only using floppies?
and
Why the hell wont the floppies work?!!!! grrrrrr

Cheers
Phil