Re: PFG Lisa

From: Rick <lisa2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:25:03 -0500

Hello All,
I wanted to chime in on this thread with a few questions and observations:

To Phil: Why are you installing the PFG? Are you trying to boot MW+II?

I feel that it is important to be clear to the list members that the PFG is only useful when running the MacWorks+II environment, under LisaOS or Apple MacWorks or Sun's MacWorks+ the PFG will have no effect.

Also, there are 3 levels of PFG out there Basic, SR1, and Pro. Running MW+II Pro software using a "Basic" PFG will result MW+II Basic functionality. Even if you have a Pro PFG, to be useful System 7 on a Lisa requires more that the stock Lisa's 1 meg of ram.

I have seen PFG's and MW+II disks sold on ebay lately as separate items and this makes no sense to me, the PFG is part of the MW+II package.

Rick