Re: PFG Lisa

From: Philip Lord <philip_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:29:26 +0900

James, Helmut, Tom and Rick, THANKS.

My goal is to install 7.1 onto a SCSI drive. I have the SCSI card, with no quickboot chip. (and of course the PFG)

I now have the floppy working...hurray!!!! The problem was the media. I know have new 'copys' of MWII+ and it loads fine.

I have given up on the Sun Rum parallel drive for the time being. I'll figure out what the problem is later...maybe it's just dead...

I also have a SCSI HD (340mb) CONNER drive, that has an unknown format. Maybe it's Mac formatted, Maybe not. I don't (at present) have an external case to put the drive in to test.

The problem now comes when attaching this drive to the Lisa and booting from MWII+ will cause an error when loading the second 'system' disk, and prompts for a restart.

Simply unplugging the drive will not cause this hang and the Lisa will boot fine.

My next step is to make sure the drive it is formatted correctly. Can I do this from within OS9? or does it need to be older?

Getting closer.

Phil