Re: PFG Lisa

From: Rick <lisa2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:35:21 -0500

> Simply unplugging the drive will not cause this hang and the Lisa
> will boot fine.
If a SCSI drive is connected, MW+II with try to boot from it, sounds like this is failing. MW+II has an option force floppy boot up (MacOS) even with a drive connected (holding one of the option keys at startup). Have you tried this? After using the MW+II "boot" disk, you don't need to use the MW+II "System" disk, just boot your own bootable floppy like it was any other Mac (400K or 800K).

> My next step is to make sure the drive it is formatted correctly. Can
> I do this from within OS9? or does it need to be older?
An OS9 formatted disk will work (I have done this, although I would not recommend it), as long as it's HFS and not HFS+. The bigger problem here unless the drive has an apple ROM, you may need a 3rd party app to format it on an older system. Also be careful hooking up the drive, SCSI termination issues abound on the SUN SCSI card (just like a real mac plus).

Rick