Profile hard drive cable questions

From: Jerry Chafee <gchafee_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:34:28 -0400

Hello all and please excuse my post if this is covered elseware,

I have a Lisa with the external Profile drive, but I have lost the cable that connects them together. I have a number of serial male-to-male cables, but as you probably know, many of these cables have only a few wires inside and some are crossover cables.

Can anyone give me a description of what the actual cable looks like and/or the pinout? Is it a straight through cable one for one pinout? Is there special shielding? Is there a way to ID a true Apple cable from the mixed up pile of cable I unfortunately packed together?

I have a short time to look for this before it gets too cold for me to rummage through my storage sheds.

Any help is appreciated.

Jerry