Re: error 23 on lisa2/10

From: James MacPhail <uo957_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 03:45:24 -0800

>when i boot up my lisa2/10 , i always get an error 23.(something with
>floppy error?)

Check the floppy drive to see if it operates smoothly when a disk is inserted and ejected. Many of these 400k floppy drives do not operate properly due to sticky grease that must be cleaned off.

>is there a place where i can download a complete lisaOS ( which lisaOS
>works best on a lisa2/10?, i am unable to determine which OS is installed)

Which OS is best is a matter of personal preference.

There are internet sites with various Lisa OS versions, for example:

  <http://www.whoopis.com/lisa/>

  <http://www.macmothership.com/lisacontent/lisahome.html>

HTH, James

James MacPhail                   "Think not of engineering as art,
uo957_at_email.domain.hidden                 but of art as engineering"
Sigma Seven Systems Ltd.
james_at_email.domain.hidden        <http://SigmaSevenSystems.com>