Re: LisaDAC sound card jumpers

From: Diogenes45 <helmut_post_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 01:29:54 -0800 (PST)

On 4 Mrz., 23:32, James MacPhail <g..._at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:
> Dr. Helmut Post wrote:
> >BTW: I have a Lisa Sound DAC, but I don't anything about the jumper
> >settings, the proper slot assignment etc...
>
> J3 is a header for attaching an external speaker. To use the internal
> speaker, put a jumper between pins 1 and 2. To use an external
> speaker, connect it between pins 1 and 4.
>
> J4 is a DMA Bus Grant pass-through. In theory it should have a jumper
> on it because the card does not use DMA. However, no other card uses
> DMA either, so I expect it does not matter.
>
> J5 has something to do with the card select logic -- I don't know
> what it is supposed to do; it doesn't appear to have any effect. I
> would guess that it is to enable the second EPROM socket (which is
> empty on every card I've seen). My card arrived with a jumper between
> pins 1 and 2 (the "A" position).
>
> I believe the card will work in any slot, but there is a chance that
> it depends on the software/hardware in use. I'm certain mine has
> worked in all three slots with MW+II 2.5.0 and System 7.0.1*. By
> "worked", I mean that the sound control panel produces different
> sounds... "quack", etc., but distorted to some extent (equally in all
> slots).
>
> >What is the newest Eprom version for the Sound DAC?
>
> I know of only two versions of the EPROM, 1.0 and 1.1, so I think you
> have the latest one.
>
> >Do I need any special driver Êfor system 6.07 or 7.1 or even newer?
>
> MacWorks Plus II has the LisaDAC software in it, so it does not need
> a driver. I believe the later versions of MacWorks Plus 1.x also
> include the software, so you might only need a driver file for
> MacWorks XL 3.0... I don't know where to find the driver if there is
> one.
>
> James

Many Thanks for the informations!
I have some special drivers (various versions) for the Lisa DAC- are these drivers suitable for the use with MacWorks XL 3.0?? There was no info file on these disks.
There is even a special version studio sound session bundled with these driver disks...

The Sound DAC crashes the Lisa when my Accelerator 18 is activated- so I have to deactivate the accelerator before using the Lisa DAC- would it be possible to patch the MW+II to solve this problem? One game : Creepy Castle is working excellent with the Lisa DAC- I havn't tested other games yet.

John W. is currently working on a new version of the Lisa DAC---- did you know that?

Another interesting topic- perhaps it doesn't fit in here: It ACTUALLY i s possible to LLF a Widget- my Widget has being Low Level formatted by a person who doesn't like to give away his knowledge and name - he is living near Seattle. Now I have fully functional Widget again.
I presume that he has purchased all the necessary materials and informations from Bob Cook , CEO of SUN Remarketing, which is no longer in business.
I hope that his knowledge, materials and informations won't die with him.....
Perhaps you have more informations than I do?

Helmut