Re: Swapping Lisa components

From: VW <VanWitzenburg_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, it's been a while since I checked back... I get distracted easily by digging up obscure software and dabbling with PDS and Nubus cards!
Wow, the schematics for the Lisa were on the dot! But finding pictures of the power supply is a different story....

I've made a glaring mistake, thanks for the correction... this is the PS board I'm talking about, not the motherboard. (I may have had a drink or two that evening)

I'll have to look inside again above the floppy bay, to see if that thing above it is a floppy controller or a 10M internal... if it's not a hard drive,
well, shucks. A do-it-yourself adapter looks like what I'm gonna have to do.

Thanks for the pointers on parts, I will check out the DigiKey site as well.

Anyone have a good suggestion for hosting pictures so I can be more specific/show my progress?
Does Gmail's "shared docs" feature possibly expose me too much in a security sense?

Thanks very much, I was surprised by the generous posts. I don't want to hijack the original guy's post, so here was what was my original thought;

Since everything was cleaned in my Lisa 2 ( I dusted it over thoroughly checking for possible capacitor residue) and it booted without a battery to a garbled screen,
and adjusting the video controls (with plastic instruments!!!) did not make it change significantly.. don't forget something while you're dickering with the insides... other than the CRT.

DO NOT LEAVE IT ON when you leave the room! I went to get a cup of coffee and returned to find the garage full of an electrical reek! It's how I pinpointed the component
that failed. So hopefully I haven't damaged any components...

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2015-07-15 16:45:34