Re: Lisa Toolkit

From: Larry Rosenstein <lrosenstein_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:37:48 -0800

At 9:00 PM +1100 12/10/00, Karl Maftoum wrote:

>next step and integrate with the Office System. I am using QuickPort to do
>this, and everything compiles and builds nicely, but am I right in assuming
>that to take something from a "tool". i.e. {T123}OBJ to an runnable icon in
>Office Manager, I need the Lisa Toolkit? Does anyone have an image of the

I don't think so. (I actually worked on the Lisa Toolkit, but it's been a while since I thought about programming the Lisa.)

As I recall, QuickPort is a mechanism to do a quick-and-dirty port of an application and make it into a Lisa application. The Lisa Toolkit allows you to write a Lisa application from scratch.

I don't remember what you had to do (if anything) to get the Lisa Desktop to recognize a new application. I might have some documentation stashed away somewhere.

--
Larry Rosenstein