Re: Lisa Toolkit

From: Karl Maftoum <k_maftoum_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:31:23 +1100

>From: Larry Rosenstein <lrosenstein_at_email.domain.hidden>
>To: <lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden> (LisaList)
>Subject: Re: Lisa Toolkit
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:37:48 -0800
>
>At 9:00 PM +1100 12/10/00, Karl Maftoum wrote:
> >
> >next step and integrate with the Office System. I am using QuickPort to
>do
> >this, and everything compiles and builds nicely, but am I right in
>assuming
> >that to take something from a "tool". i.e. {T123}OBJ to an runnable icon
>in
> >Office Manager, I need the Lisa Toolkit? Does anyone have an image of the
>
>I don't think so. (I actually worked on the Lisa Toolkit, but it's
>been a while since I thought about programming the Lisa.)
>
>As I recall, QuickPort is a mechanism to do a quick-and-dirty port of
>an application and make it into a Lisa application. The Lisa Toolkit
>allows you to write a Lisa application from scratch.

That's what I always thought as well, i just can't seem to make the tools appear on the desktop.

>I don't remember what you had to do (if anything) to get the Lisa
>Desktop to recognize a new application. I might have some
>documentation stashed away somewhere.

I'd be forever grateful if you could let me know, as I'd really like to get into Quickport/Office system programming a bit more.

karl

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>

Shop buy.com and save. <http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/ stat?id=O7sajHhUCjc&offerid=13541.10000001&type=1&subid=0>

    / Buy books, CDs, videos, and more from Amazon.com \    / <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/lowendmac> \